From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding VIs present in an EXE

Hi All,

I need to write a program to find VIs that are present in an EXE by using EXE reference only that I will get by using "Open Application Reference" function, I reffered to few sites but couldn't get a clear idea if this could be done or not,Is there any way to achieve this,if so please let me know how this can be done.

Thanks in Advance,

Sree

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,857 Views)

You could in older versions of LV, you cant any longer.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,854 Views)
Since you already know the name of the vi to be launched, just hardwire the name of the vi and build the path to launch it ...I both exe as well as In development mode

You might have to strip the path to this dynamic vi couple of times based on your directory structure
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,832 Views)

I believe you can still do this in modern versions of LabVIEW.  You need the Application >> Exported VIs in Memory property node on the application instance.  This will give you a top level VI.  Open a reference to this VI, then you can use the Get VI Dependencies Names And Paths to get a list of all the SubVIs that main VI has.  I haven't done this in a while but I think it works this way.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,811 Views)

provided that the main vi calls the subvi (static call) am i right?

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,802 Views)

@Guruthilak wrote:

provided that the main vi calls the subvi (statically?) am i right?

I think so.  If you have it called using a static VI reference I think it will be included in that list.  If you choose to add a VI to the Always Include when building an EXE, then it won't be listed under it as a dependency, but there is a chance it will be listed as an Exported VI, which actually returns an array of VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,794 Views)

if "its in always included list" then just use the path of this vi...

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,788 Views)