cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the VI Named DAQmx Read (Analog 1D DBL 1Chan NSamp).vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using Labview 2009. When I build installer under build specification option a window pop-up appear with this message  "labview some installers you selected for this build is not available on this computer". Please refer Image1 (for me version was 9.7.5)

To resolve this I downloaded and installed NI-DAQmx-9.7.5.

Now when i try to build, it shows one of the vi is broken. If i try to open the broken vi it show some vi is missing and an explorer window opens to select the missing vi. please refer Image2.

Can some please guide me what went wrong or if I am missing something.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,927 Views)

LabVIEW Installation can be challenging -- if you are not an experienced LabVIEW Developer, you probably should not be attempting to "patch" your LabVIEW Development environment.

The most stable LabVIEW environment is a complete installation of a single LabVIEW Version, based on having the entire Installation "Kit" (collection of CD/DVDs, USB Thumb Drive, or Web-Based Installer) and doing an installation of LabVIEW, all of the required Modules and Toolkits, and all of the required Drivers (definitely do not install elements you won't be using!).  

It is somewhat problematic to "repair" a LabVIEW Installation, but that sometimes works.  If you have the above-mentioned Distribution Media, you can go into Control Panel, open NI Software, and choose Repair All.  This could be a several-hour-long process, possibly better left to someone with experience in LabVIEW Installations.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,910 Views)

@gauravch852 wrote:

Hi,

I am using Labview 2009. When I build installer under build specification option a window pop-up appear with this message  "labview some installers you selected for this build is not available on this computer". Please refer Image1 (for me version was 9.7.5)

To resolve this I downloaded and installed NI-DAQmx-9.7.5.

Now when i try to build, it shows one of the vi is broken. If i try to open the broken vi it show some vi is missing and an explorer window opens to select the missing vi. please refer Image2.

Can some please guide me what went wrong or if I am missing something.

Ignore Bob

There is no problem with your DAQmx installation on your Development machine.

However, the application builder needs access to the DAQmx installation files (*.bin,  etc...) so that it can add them to your installer.  It can't repackage the installer from your installed product because.... it needs to install support for your application on the target machine.

Point the prompt to the extracted installation media or, just stick in the media you installed DAQmx from.

Then put ice on that... you probably just smacked yourself in the face too hard 😄

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,904 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Ignore Bob

This is often the "correct" answer ...

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 10
(2,886 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying. I installed the DAQmx 9.7.5. Now in order to build installer I need to fix the broken vi. Check Image2 for reference.

I am not sure if DAQmx installation triggered this or some other package is missing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,871 Views)

Instead of fixing the broken one, can you browse the palettes you have now and drop in a replacement?  Delete the broken one first.

Perhaps there was a name change or something between versions of DAQmx.  I doubt it.  But if you drop the same subVI straight from the palettes and it is still broken, then it seems you still have a corrupted installation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,860 Views)

@gauravch852 wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying. I installed the DAQmx 9.7.5. Now in order to build installer I need to fix the broken vi. Check Image2 for reference.

I am not sure if DAQmx installation triggered this or some other package is missing.

Why 9.7.5?  WWYT?  the prompt is asking for the DAQmx 15.0 installer

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,853 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gauravch852

I should have looked at this earlier.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53326/en/

You said you are using LabVIEW 2009.  So I figured that DAQmx 15 would be way too new and would no longer support 2009.

DAQmx 9.7.5 would seem to be a fit for 2009, but looking at the compatibility chart, even that doesn't support 2009.

Why have you installed DAQmx 9.7.5?

Technically the subVI isn't broken.  It is just missing.

The chart shows that DAQmx 9.7 is the the last version that still supports LV 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,850 Views)

My guess is that a decade (10 years) ago, you installed LabVIEW 2009, with its drivers.  In the 10 intervening years, I'm guessing you've run NI Update several times, and have "selectively upgraded" various things, including Device Drivers, and now have a system with a wide variety of updates and drivers.  NI's "Rule of Thumb" is that you have about a 5 year "window" when such automatic updating can be assumed to work without a problem, but you've exceeded this by a Factor of 2.  Indeed, the first Image you posted showed that DAQmx 15 was required, well beyond DAQmx 9.7.5 (which is not listed as "compatible with LabVIEW 2009).

I can see a few possible "ways forward":

• Give up on building an Installer.  Build an Executable, have on-hand the LabVIEW Run Time System appropriate for your code, and "install by hand".
  • Uninstall all National Instruments Software from your computer.  Reinstall LabVIEW 2009 and its drivers from the original Installation Media.  Resist installing update greater than 3 years in the future (i.e. later than LabVIEW 2012).
  • Install a "modern" version of LabVIEW, such as LabVIEW 2018 (or wait a month and install LabVIEW 2019).  If you choose this course, I'd advise installing on another machine, one that does not have LabVIEW already installed.  If you are feeling exceptionally brave, you could install it on your current machine, but then I'd recommend uninstalling all NI Software first, which means you have a bit of "software migration" (or recompiling) to do.

Bob Schor

Message 9 of 10
(2,839 Views)

Problem is solved now. I reinstalled the DAQmx 8.9.7 which was part of driver. There are no issues with building installer now.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,824 Views)