LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find or Change web server root directory in rt target

Hello, I'm currently following the NI Tutorial to setup a Remote Panel on RT Target, I managed to set up just as the tutorial indicates but when I'm trying to access the VI I can´t find it.

Here is my configuration:

The IP address of cRio is : 192.168.0.250

Remote Panel Port: 8000

System Web Server Port: 80

The vi configured as startup is: HydraLog500_3.vi

I created html file using Web Publishing Tool. The file is: maletines.html

I created a destination path called: "www" located in:  /c/ni-rt/system/www

The result is the following:

When I access: http://192.168.0.250 it displays config screen ok.

Web Config

When I access: http://192.168.0.250:8000/  The labview web server tutorial is displayed

When I try to access my html file as: http://192.168.0.250:8000/maletines.html

It does not show anything.

Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this? Next there are some images of my configuration:

RT Properties Web Server

As you can see there is no Web Server Path to configure...

Web Publishing Tool HTML

RT Application Source Files

RT Application Destinations

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,977 Views)

Your snapshot of the webserver publishing tool shows the local directory to save webpage as a directory on the PC folder system. I believe this html file should be saved on the rt target just like the other VIs. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,959 Views)

The Configuring Remote Front Panels on a Real-Time Target document that was linked says "Change the Destination path to c:\ni-rt\system\www on a PharLap or VxWorks Target or /var/local/natinst/labview/www on a Linux RT target"

If you are using Linux RT you should try placing the html file in the /var/local/natinst/labview/www directory instead. Maybe that will do the trick! Smiley Happy

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,942 Views)

Hello MilanR, thank you for your answer, that´s right. the error was that my cRio is Linux based and I was using Windows path to locate the html file on the RT Target.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,911 Views)

The published directory works fine when deployed, but if you try to copy it from the host to the target it causes a 500 error. (access denied type error)

How do I avoid this error?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,777 Views)

Hello,

I know it's an old post. But I wanna give a shot, did you solve the 500 error? Currently I have same issue, when I am trying to add the .html file to www destination 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(622 Views)

Thanks for asking,

when i went to a Linux target from PharLap I  had this problem. When i went to the  " /var/local/natinst/LabVIEW/www" directory i found that I didn't have permissions to write into it or to change the html files that were already there after being deployed by the build spec.

So, the first thing i did was to get Putty from software express and then use it to log onto the target, which in my case is a sbRIO-9607.  I then changed the permissions on the www directory itself  to from 644 to 664 (rwx,rwx,rwx) (Owner,Group,Others).  This worked, but a better way is to add a  symbolic link to the /C directory "ln -s /var/local/natinst/LabVIEW/www"      /c/www".  /C/www is the directory to write into.

I also changed permissions of the NI html files in the www directory.  "chmod 771 *.html" (rwx, rwx, x)

I believe adding the link is the right thing to do.

David

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(598 Views)