LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find maximum

Hi All,

I need to find the maximum values of a data stream I am pulling off a load cell. My experiments last for hours, so I currently decimate my data to generate smaller data files and then do some post processing in matlab to find desired values (i.e.. Maximums, minimums, etc.)  What I would like to do is pull off the maximums before I decimate my data and store them.  On any given experiment there might be 3 to 10 overall maximum values I am interested in.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,472 Views)

Are you looking to find peaks or maximum? If you are just looking for maximum value, in one set of data there will be only one maximum value and you can use 'Array Min Max' function for that. If in a set of data you are looking for peak values (which could be multiple values based on the threshold value you pick), use 'Peak Detector' function. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
Message 2 of 4
(2,468 Views)

If you look in Array palette, you will find an Array Max & Min.  Will this do the job for you?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,467 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I should rephrase, I am looking for multiple peaks in my data.  Not the overall maximum.  

I will try Peak Detector, the only thing I am worried about is that my threshold will always need to be increasing.  To give you a visual of my experiment: apply a load wait an hour maintaining position, increase load wait an hour maintain position, etc. For eight hours. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,455 Views)