LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find control which has been "grouped" and dropped in a Tab control fails...

This one sounds like one I have already read about, but I doubt this qualifies as a "feature". I think it is an outright bug.

Anyway here it goes:

- drop two controls on the FP.

- group them.

- drop a Tab control, drag the grouped controls in it.

- switch to the BD.

- right-click one of the controls (not the Tab control, the other two) and try to "Find Control".

- for a brief second, the control will be highlighted, but eventually, the Tab will be selected.

That's OK when the Tab is not cluttered with controls and when you are careful watching where the highlighted object is located, but I do not think that this is an intended behavior.

Tested in LV 2011.

Message 1 of 6
(3,142 Views)

X.

I've successfully replicated your setup and I see the same behavior you describe. However, this behavior is expected since LabVIEW will show the largest container of the item you are trying to find. I see that you are already familiar with our Idea Exchange, and you may want to post this topic there if you haven't already.

KyleP

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(3,106 Views)

KyleP, thanks for trying to reproduce and confirming the symptoms. I fail to see how selecting the tab will help me in any way... even if it supposedly the "expected" (by whom?) behavior.

I have reported this as a "feature" in a related thread I read in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,100 Views)

I understand that this is not the ideal behavior for your application, however LabVIEW is intentionally designed to do this. Thank you for following up with another post. I hope that it will generate some useful discussion.

KyleP

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,077 Views)

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,074 Views)

Zing 😉

I'm with you on this suggestion! At the time, I was pretty sure we'd found a bug so I grabbed a LabVIEW Expert to get his opinion. He was able to tell me that the code is not necessarily working incorrectly, but your situation might not have been taken into consideration during design. I'd say create a new thread on Idea Exchange to differentiate it from the other issue and get some Kudos on your post.

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,050 Views)