From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find brocken project member in LabVIEW NXG

LabVIEW NXG 3.1

Program works well in development environment. However, attempt to build an EXE results in error The component failed to build because one of its members is broken.

Probably the build is blocked by some unused broken GVI. How can such broken member  be found in the project?

<Clt-L> would help in old LabVIEW but I cannot find anything similar in NXG.

Thank you

(2,358 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Have you had any previous problems building an EXE in the past? 

Are you  able to locate the GVI from the hierachy of the main VI?

What are the settings within SystemDesigner?

In terms of finding the specific member which is broken, I am unsure at this time. The <Clt-L> in LabVIEW shows the error list, whereas in NXG you would simply go to the "Errors and Warnings" tab. Does anything show up here?

Many Thanks.

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,302 Views)
Have you had any previous problems building an EXE in the past? 

Are you  able to locate the GVI from the hierachy of the main VI?

What are the settings within SystemDesigner?

In terms of finding the specific member which is broken, I am unsure at this time. The <Clt-L> in LabVIEW shows the error list, whereas in NXG you would simply go to the "Errors and Warnings" tab. Does anything show up here?

Thank you DGuest,

1. No, I created several builds (previous versions) of this project without problems.

2. No, main VI runs without any problem in development environment.

3. All settings are default. I learn LabVIEW NXG and did not achieve yet the level of settingsSmiley Indifferent

4. "Errors and Warnings" tab does not show any error when opened on Application. Running Build results in this error:

190713.gif

The project is quite dirty, i.e. there are unused VI-s and class methods. Probably one of these unused files blocks building process. However this is only my guess.

(2,282 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for getting back.

What have you changed/is new since the last version which successfully built?

The problem will be in the additions, so I suggest checking what you have added since your last successful build.

If you can't find anything, let me know.

Many Thanks,

DGuest

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,259 Views)

Sorry, DGuest, my posts were probably unclear.

This is a study project. Of course I can find broken VI visually inspecting changes in the code. However, creation of EXE is my secondary goal. My main goal is studying LabVIEW NXG. So the question should be reformulated. Which tool should be used instead of <Ctl-L> to find broken VI in large project?

(2,248 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.

Looking through the list of shortcuts (http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/3.1/editor/keyboard-shortcuts/) it shows that there is not currently a shortcut akin to <Ctrl-L> in NXG. 

I encourage you to inform R&D by using the tool built into NXG (shown in the below picture) to help develop the software.

2019-07-18_11h46_28.png

Thanks,

DGuest

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,227 Views)