From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and remove IMAQ dependency

Solved!
Go to solution
A have a large project claims it has an IMAQ dependency, and at one time it did. I thought all of the IMAQ VIs were removed from the project, but the IMAQ library is still listed in the vi.lib dependencies of the project. Searching the project for "IMAQ" returns the location(s) of the dependent files, but so far I've not been able to find any in the code that is actually being used. I want to remove this dependency from my project completely. Any suggestions on how I can find where this dependency is occurring? So far I've been unable to find it.
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,162 Views)

I missed my edit window, but I should mention that I'm using LV 8.6.1 for this project. 

---------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pallen

It sure is nice to have a manager with tons of LabVIEW experience.  Managed to find the culprit that was holding the Vision dependencies in my project. 

Finding the culprit VI meant taking a close look at everything listed in the vi.lib of my project's dependencies.  I'd check for Callers of any suspect VIs and sure enough I found the one I was looking for pretty quickly.  (...not sure why it was so elusive yesterday...)  The VI was one that was actually no longer used at all in the project but was still part of the project, which meant that all of its dependencies were too.  

Right-click and remove the VI from the project; and like magic all of the vision dependencies disappeared.  Smiley Very Happy

---------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,147 Views)