From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find all peaks in FFT spectrum

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am reading data from a text column and doing FFT. After FFT I would like to get ALL frequencies which are above a specified threshold. I am already using peak detector but I only get 1 value as a result. But I would like to get all frequencies which are above the threshold. I attached a screen.

In short, how can I use the peak detector function to get multiple peaks from FFT data, instead of just one (which is always the first one above the threshold).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,116 Views)

>After FFT I would like to get ALL frequencies which are above a specified threshold.

This is in contradiction with your title. The title says you want all peaks, here you're saying you want all frequencies above a maximum. This is a totally different problem.

I'm not being picky here, peak detection is tricky and starts with a good definition of the what you require.

>I am already using peak detector but I only get 1 value as a result. But I would like to get all frequencies which are above the threshold. I attached a screen.

To get all frequencies above a threshold, simply do a compare (x>y) between the frequencies and the threshold. You'll get an array of Booleans. Put them through a for loop, and output the loop counter as a conditional array. Then you'll have all the frequency indices above the threshold.

In short, how can I use the peak detector function to get multiple peaks from FFT data, instead of just one (which is always the first one above the threshold).

Try (NI_AAL_SigProc.lvlib) Peak Detector.vi (quick drop: "Peak"). 

Message 2 of 3
(5,081 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Konvict

I posted a peak detection snippet last week that might be useful..

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-find-the-Nth-lowest-local-maximum/m-p/3686345#M1036545

peak_detect_from_array.png

Message 3 of 3
(5,057 Views)