LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering output voltage data for NI 9263

Hi all,

I have a VI that outputs voltage function in either a sinusoidal or ramp form to the 9263 which is used to drive two piezo actuators. For the most part, the VI works the way i want it to. The problem is that there seems to be significant fluctuations in the data. I have tried putting a generic filter sub VI in the VI but this doesn't seem to help as it just smoothes out the edges of the dat, which is not the desired effect i want.

I have attached a copy of the VI and an image which shows one of the filtered and unfiltered data sets.

Any ideas or suggestions on how i can fix this will be greatly appreciated.

- msmartei

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,688 Views)

Hi,

can you please give some more information about what "significant fluctuations in the data" does mean?

Thanks

M. Brauner NIG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,666 Views)

You showed two versions.  What is wrong with the data shown there? Can you show a graph (perhaps with simulated data) which displays what you want the output to look like?

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,661 Views)

I cannot quantify significant fluctuations per se but when i expect the voltage at both channels to be zero, i normally get vacillating readings. Granted the scaling has something to do with it, i have attached a picture of the unfiltered data when i expect a flatline at zero.

In terms of how the data should look, the jagged steps are expected but at each step, i want the lines to be as horizontal as possible. This is what im hoping to achieve with a filter.

I look forward to your responses,

Msmartei

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,647 Views)

Hi, can you tell me please your exact setup, including wiring for this measurement?

thank you

M. Brauner NIG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,633 Views)