LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Responce

Hi

I have designed cascaded filter for my application. But the problem is to check or do analysis in time domain in Labview. Is their are some vi avaliable to check the time responce (Step Response of filter) please let me know (Without Digital filter Tool box). Or please if you have solution post here. I wanted to do frequency responce analysis and step responce together for the cascaded filter which i have designed for my application.

Thanks,,,,,,,,,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,565 Views)

You will have to create your own code for testing your filter as well.

You can use the Waveform Generation Palette available to build the input (Excitation) waveform to your filter.

Time Domain Response: Use the Square waveform.vi; configure the number of samples and time period of the waveform based on your filter design. Input the generated waveform (Excitation) and read the output (response) from your filter and use both signal to calculate the time domain response.

Frequency Domain Response: Use the Sine Waveform.vi, build the test code which will use the frequency table as an input to generate and excitation signal to your filter read the response to find the gain and phase shift. Sound and Vibration Suite has built in VI's which can perform FRA (Frequency Response Analysis) Directly.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,553 Views)

Can you please attach the example vi for more clear picture.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,549 Views)

I have attached an example program from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\examples\Signal Processing\Filters"

This VI shows how excitation signal is built and applied to a median filter. Excitation along with the response is displayed on the user interface.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,541 Views)