From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill points in a 2D graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there

I have a bunch of data points in a 2D plane that make a closed shape (a hexagon for instance ) if they are connected to each other. This data could be as simple as bunch of random numbers in a 6x2 matrix. I want to connect these point to each other and fill the shape that comes out of them. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,037 Views)

I would start with a picture control and try out the Draw Multiple Lines.vi.  You might get lucky, or you may have to do a little work to order the points correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,032 Views)

Thanks but I want it to be a graph, not a picture. Pictures look so unprofessional to me!! I can do this easily in Matlab but I'd prefer it to be done inside LabVIEW rather than calling a Matlab script.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,020 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AliEskan

Well, phase 2 after you figured out the Draw Multiple Lines VI is to add the picture to a graph....

21061iC28910524E5F22B8

21063iA2A3D376E09DF19D

Message 4 of 6
(3,014 Views)

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,997 Views)

Is it possible to do the same thing for a 3D graph too? If yes, please let me know how.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,968 Views)