LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not found after executable is created

I have created a simple data base tool for writing and reading information from excel. When run in project explorer everything runs fine. But no matter how I build it as a stand alone application I run into a issue of missing files. The intitial star Vi opens fine but when I click to open one of the interfaces lab view starts searching for files that should be part of the install all over the hard drive and eventually gives me the following error. " LabView: An input paramater is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @. The file 'SubDisplayMessage.vi' could not be loaded.

Please help,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,229 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,217 Views)

Thank you for the help but I don't think it's the exactly the same issue, I don't attempt to manipulate the path in any of my VI's. It seems more like some of the dependencies are getting lost or not being attached properly. In Project explorer I can run all the VI's properly,a control screen links to other VI's. The control screen becomes invisible and the new VI control panel opens. When run as an executable the Control screen operates correctly but the new VI never opens as it searches for Excel and other sub VI's.

I'm just not sure what's going on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,205 Views)

Are you using dynamically loaded VIs? Are they included in the build? Are you using the Report Generation Toolkit? If so, please provide what version you are using, as well as what LabVIEW version you are using. Are you sure you don't have any hard-coded paths that point to user-specific directories (that would be different based on the OS)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,201 Views)

I have attached a picture of the start up VI that call's up the other VI's as needed, I am using Labview 2010 SP1 and Report Generation Tool Kit 2009 SP1. When trying to access VI's form the start up VI as an application labview seems to get lost. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,186 Views)

I think this resource might help since you are using call by reference nodes:

Error 1 or 15 Opening Dynamic VI from LabVIEW Application 

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,166 Views)

Where is the VI settings tab in application builder?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,143 Views)

It's under "Source File Settings". 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,138 Views)

As referenced in Document ID:22H8MDUZ Error 1 or 15 Opening Dynamic VI from LabVIEW Application the remove front pannel was not selected and the Application still does not work. Here is a copy of my build app. Every time and every thing I try as I access a VI other then the start up VI Labview goes looking for files that are part of the build and never finds them.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,127 Views)

So when you build an .exe file, what does the path change to ?

Are the path correct ?

Have you included the vi's you call dynamically in the source ? In the "Always include" list.

This KB might help you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,122 Views)