I have a project in LabVIEW 8.5.1 which contains some build specifications for source distribution. The problem I have is that, in the destination files, the dates of files (vi and ctl) have the date of the generation of the source distribution (original date of these files is lost). In the meanwhile, others files in the source distribution (typically .txt or .ini) keep the date of the original file...
I did not have this behavior before, I have certainly modified (accidentaly) a setting somewhere but I can't find out where.
Thank you by advance for your answer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
The date changes are consistant with what I expect so I am curious how it could be otherwise.
Anyone out there have any ideas?
Stumped by what seems normal,
Well it is (or was!) otherwise.
As all my source code is in configuration management I have re-extracted a previous version where the behaviour of the source distribution keeps the dates unchanged (and it seems to me that it is the normal behaviour: when I send a source distribution I prefer that the dates of files correspond to the date of the files in my configuration management... rather than the date where I built the distribution).
The difficulty I have is that I have no idea of the reason of these two different behaviours!
I'll try to rebuild the project.
Source Distributions have always recompiled and relinked the code based on the new location to avoid crossing linking the old sub-VI into the new target set.
But I alwasy use the "New location preserve hiarchy" so maybe you are looking for on eof those switches.
The difference of behaviour is due to our own automatic tool which builds all files to be delivered (it's written in LabVIEW and calls different builds in several separate projects). I have check the two versions of this tool. The older version was buiding the source distribution through a single copy of folders (this keeps the dates!) whereas the new version uses the source distribution buid specification included in the project (date corresponding to date of recompilation).
The problem was neither in LabVIEW nor in the .lvproj, but in our tool!
All this being due to the difficulty to use simultaneously LabVIEW8.5.1 and SVN (one day I'll have to switch to a newer version of LabVIEW).
Thanks for your prompt answer. It really helped me to find the error!