LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File transfer from Labview to Raspberry Pi 3 over wi-fi

Hi All,

Is it possible to transfer a text file, word file or an excel file from windows PC using a Labview code to Raspberry Pi 3 over a same wi-fi network?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,579 Views)

Short answer is yes. What have you tried?

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,557 Views)

I haven't tried it yet. I mean I do not know how will I accept that data on Raspberry Pi. If I write a python code for RPi, will that be able to communicate with Labview on PC? What are the other options available?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,554 Views)

In the past I have just opened a TCP connection with the PI (with a python TCP server to accept the connection and receive the bytes).

FTP would be another, probably more straightforward option.

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,551 Views)

This SFTP library might be of use. I haven't used it so can't really comment.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Labvolution/SFTP-File-Transfer-for-LabVIEW/ba-p/3487748

SFTP is going to be a safer option than regular FTP, but whether this matters depends on where the system is going to be deployed.

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,544 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,537 Views)

@r_te wrote:

I haven't tried it yet. I mean I do not know how will I accept that data on Raspberry Pi. If I write a python code for RPi, will that be able to communicate with Labview on PC? What are the other options available?

Options besides Python? Lua, C, C++, Scratch, Forth, Fortran, Bash. Even LabVIEW probably, with a 3rd party tool.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,526 Views)