From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File location surprizes when building .exe

Hi,

I'm working on a project which I'm saving to my "D:\Documents and Settings\My Name\My Documents\Customer\Project" folder.  The project contains VIs located in "\Project" and a couple of DLLs located in a '\Project\api' subfolder.  When I build an installer using Application Builder which installs the project to "C:\Program Files\Project", the resulting .exe file that I launch looks for the DLLs in "D:\Documents and Settings\My Name\My Documents\Customer\Project\api" and prompts me to find the files.  I configured Application Builder to install the DLLs in "C:\Program Files\Project\lib" folder during installation of the project. 

I don't want the .exe to look for the DLLs in the "\Projects\api" folder.  I want the .exe to automatically find the DLLs in the "C:\Program Files\Project\lib" folder without asking me.  How can I do this? 

Is this an Application Builder problem or a LabVIEW problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,027 Views)

I guess you forgot to include the DLLs in the EXE. Please post back if my assumption is wrong.

EXE Properties.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,010 Views)