LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File changed on disk warning when updating private data

Hi,

I'm getting a warning like the one attached for EVERY VI in a class when I try to update the private data of that class if I interact with the private data control at all.  Every time I move or rename or add something I have to clear ~60 of these popups, which is a real drag.  Anybody know how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks!

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,683 Views)

Any idea what the license is that it's having trouble accessing?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,680 Views)

Ah crap...attached the wrong screenshot!

Here's the right one:

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,677 Views)

Would you mind letting me know a little bit more about your system?

LabVIEW version: ?
Critical Drivers for your application: ? 

Ben D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,661 Views)

Sure.

LV version 11.0 (32-bit)

OS Windows 7 64-bit

I'm not sure which drivers you mean.  This application doesn't have any I/O so it doesn't rely on device drivers.  It creates template TDMS files based on the product to be tested and provides the user with screens to populate necessary metadata.  The only interesting palletes I'm using are the nonlinear VIs (Newton-Raphson zero finder, specifically).

Thanks!

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,656 Views)

Ben,

I'm still having this issue...now it's preventing me from creating an application.  I've created a brand-new project with brand-new VIs to see if it was just my project that was doing it....same results.  I'm not using any subVIs or drivers in the new project, just bundling and unbundling LVobjects. 

We recently changed up our servers to a new layout.  All my VIs are stored on the server.  Could there be something in the server that is causing this error?  Anything I could check to rule that out?

Thanks!

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,637 Views)

PS: I'm getting error code 1017 out of the application builder.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,636 Views)

PPS: It's definitely something on the server: I copied my test project down to my local drive and the app built just fine.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,633 Views)

Ok, so it sounds like you do have a workaround. Assuming there is a specific reason for the VI's to be on the server, are you moving the VI's you made to the server or the VI's included with LabVIEW to the server? Is it possible that access is restricted somehow?  

Ben D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,620 Views)

Well it's not really a workaround: it was easy enough to copy a small test project down to the local drive to build an app, but for a real project I'd have to clear several hundred errors on opening the project if I did that (those confilct resolution screens that happen when you change the path to VIs in a project.)  Also copying code to and from the server like that is begging me to screw something up.  I'm leaving the VIs on the server while editing and running them so that they are backed up.  I could set up a synched folder on my local drive that would accomplish the same thing; that might be the way to go.

There are a lot of access restrictions on the new server configuration, though I should have full control over the directories I'm accessing...I'll dig in a bit and see if I can find it.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,616 Views)