LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Version is later than the current LabView version

I am new to LabView and I need to modify a previous LabView project . The version I have is LabView 2009, it is unknown which version the original project was written under - though I suspect from documents it may be version 8.6 - how can you identify??.

I can open the associated VI's which appear to get updated to the latest version. However I cannot open the project file itself, *.lvproj which gives the 'File Version is later than the current LabView version' message - abd then goes no further.  Am I doing something wrong ??? or is it possible for later versions of Labview to open older LabView projects??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,440 Views)

That sounds like somebody opened the project in a newer version and saved the project file, but restored (or left alone) the VIs.  When you try to open the project, it should say what version it is saved in the error window.  For the VIs that you can open, you can go to the VI properties and look at the list of changes.  They should include a "recompiled from version blah" or something along those lines (I don't remember the exact wording and I'm too lazy right now to find out).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,437 Views)