LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fieldpoint Configuration Not Updating in LV Project

Using custom scaling.

Change scaling settings for Channel 2 of cFP-AO-210, Apply, and Save.

Open LV project.

Add Targets/Devices
Let project autodetect existing devices.

Once found and loaded, open AO Channel 2 properties and look at scaling.
They are the default settings, not my changed values.

What's up with that?

I am not saving to a different IAK file and reading the wrong one;  at least not intentionally.
Just letting LV do its thing

Does the field point data have to find its way to the cFP-2100 controller before this will work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,758 Views)

Tried Snapshot.

Same situation.

The configuration under MAX is correct.

The configuration under LV Project is not.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,737 Views)

Hi Wes_OH,

If you would like to transfer the settings from MAX to your LabVIEW project, first, make sure you have FieldPoint 5.0.1.  You can verify this by looking in the Software tab in MAX.  If you do not have that version of the driver, you can download it here.

After you have verified that you have the correct version of the FieldPoint driver, you will be able to import the .iak file from MAX to your LabVIEW project.  Open your LabVIEW project, right-click on the Project Title in the Project Explorer »Import» FieldPoint Configuration.  Then, find you .iak file in the File Dialog box that appears.  This will import the custom scale that you configured in MAX. 

If you just add a new target to your project, the .iak configuration is not imported. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.  Best of luck on your application, and have a great day!!

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
Message 3 of 12
(2,723 Views)

Thanks. 

I was able to import.

However, I still have the problem.

The scaling appears to have no effect on the output.

I'm using the example Analog Output VI that comes with LV.

Using the correct IAK with the scaling slope 1.6 and y-intercept 8 on channel 2 of cFP AO module.

When I adjust the dial on the VI to change the voltage, it ranges from 0-10V and the actual voltage seen at the terminals of the AO are identical with no scaling.

What I want to see is 8-12PSI on the dial and 0-10V on the terminals.

The scaling should convert between the two.

What I'm seeing is 1:1 .   Dial setting digital display is identical to the actual terminal output.

No scaling is occuring.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,721 Views)

I've found that if I create a new VI under project, that it functions properly and the ranges of my control are scaled yielding the expected output on the terminals of the AO module.

However, if I use the existing AO VI this is not the case.

I believe it has something to do with this example VI using an array of controls and their being inter related not having the ability to excercise independent range values and scaling.

Is this correct?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,701 Views)
Hi Wes_OH,

Your assumption sounds quite possible.  Have you tried to create a program with an array of controls similar to the example, and do you see the same results?
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,688 Views)

Yes.

Only works with single control passing data to single channel.

Tried cluster as well, but the FP Write VI requires a 1-D array for multiple inputs so had to use Cluster to Array which put me back in the same situation.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,686 Views)
Hi Wes_OH,

When you use an array, are you trying to scale all the items in the array or are you just trying to scale certain I/O points?
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,670 Views)

I need to scale each channel independently.

Each channel of the AO represents a simulation signal for a particular measurement type (ie. channel 0 = temp,  channel 1 = windspeed)

In the real-life system, these volt values come from various devices such as thermocouple, and aneometer.

For each measurement, the voltage values would represent a unique measurement type and have unique ranges and scaling.

Where 2 volts may represent 50C in temperature on channel 1 and 3 volts may represent 10MPH on channel 1.

We are simulating real-life conditions in a lab environment.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,663 Views)

Hey Wes

So I'm kinda jumping in during the middle of your conversation here, but as I read back through the forum I have a number of questions. I know that you have configured your FP items in max with the scaling you want. I assume that you changed the individual channels on your AO, not the "all". You save your IAK file, and it successfully downloads to your controller. You then open LabVIEW, create a new project and import the IAK file. My first question is:

Do you see the custom scale you created if you right click on the channel of interest in the project, go to properties and then look at the custom scaling tab? (Again, I assume you're not using the "all" channel).

If not, I was able to have some luck scaling directly from the project instead of using MAX. So my second question is:

Are you able \ willing to create the scales as part of the project instead of through MAX?

Post back and let us know what you find. Thanks!

Chris C

Message Edited by Chris_C. on 03-05-2007 11:13 AM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,646 Views)