Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Memory Error DAbort 0xF50EFD7B

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm encountering a fatal memory error with the following debug output:

9/26/2022 10:41:01.059 AM
DAbort 0xF50EFD7B: 
c:\penguin\labview\components\mgcore\trunk\20.0\source\MemoryManager.cpp(1340) : DAbort 0xF50EFD7B: 
minidump id: 8af6fc53-c0a8-4ad8-a86e-1c8b8e613956
$Id: //labview/components/mgcore/trunk/20.0/source/MemoryManager.cpp#12 $

Attached is the error zip file.  I'm having trouble tracing this back to something in my program.  The penguin directory above doesn't exist, so this seems like something internal to LabVIEW.  I make use of DSC module for logging data from shared variables, but have been doing this for a long time and hasn't been a problem before, so it's not just the use of DSC that could be causing this.  If anyone could help me parse through this and figure out what component might be a problem, that'd be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,215 Views)

Note that your email is in 0830192b-1642-47d6-b95d-bf8ae146d414.txt.

The file doesn't really add anything (so (next time) remove it).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,169 Views)

Thanks, been perusing those links but unfortunately I'm not using the particular modules that they show to be problematic, and I don't make any calls to DLLs at that point.  Trying to parse through pieces of my code to try to isolate things, this has been a finicky thing to nail down.  The error doesn't always happen with the same actions, so I'm starting to believe it might be some shared variable that's being read and written to at the same time when operating in the background.  Will continue investigating.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FKhueson

I think DSC functions are mostly dll calls.

A race condition or simultaneous access to a shared variable seems like a potential cause.

I'd try to make a stress test. Make a VI that executes scenarios as fast as possible, try to reproduce the problem faster.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,076 Views)

To update, I put a semaphore in the loops that accessed shared variables to limit access to one process, and the fatal memory error hasn't showed up since.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
(1,909 Views)