From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Internal Error: "memory.cpp", line 593

Hello Chris,
This is what i did: in the true case, i placed a waveform chart with an increment and a shift register inside a while loop (initial condition = 1). In the false case i placed the imaq functions to acquire and store an image.
When i passed a true, the dll worked correctly, but when i passed a false, it showed me same error (Fatal Internal Error: "memory.cpp", line 593, LabVIEW 7.0).
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,143 Views)

ajmib,

There's an article that I want to point you to before I assume that there may be a problem with the imaq calls. See http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/DA7FA9C467BA4CC886256E62006DEBA2?OpenDocument. This document talks about allocating memory correctly when passing arrays to\from dlls. Also check out http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5cf9a9ffd774028586256869005ff2ed, specifically the section on Advanced Topic Array and String operations.

One last question. Does the vi from which you make the dll run correctly?

Chris C

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,132 Views)
Chris,
the VIs from which i'm creating the DLLs work correctly. I don't know if the problem if due to allocating memory when passing arrays to\from dll, because i created another VI that loaded and showed an image only and matlab gave me same error message.

Jose B.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,126 Views)

Jose,

Are you trying to pass the LabVIEW Image Datatype? If so, this is unlike other LabVIEW datatypes - you could think of it like a pointer. The IMAQ Create sets up an area in your system memory to store the image data - the Image Datatype that is passed to the other IMAQ Vi's is like a pointer to that buffer - it does not actually transfer the image data. If you need to pass the image data - use the IMAQ Image to Array.vi to extract the image into an array of integer values that you can pass.

I am still very unclear exactly what is going on. Perhaps this link will have some sources for you to debug your dll problems:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/E2A99E7E10D5725D862567AC004F0A53

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,108 Views)
Hi MIT users, I have a very simple question for you. The mex files that I create with the help of MIT are supposed to get a filename, and capture an image using the camera and save it to disk with the given filename. There is not return/output back to matlab from this mex file. I heavily use IMAQ vi in the creation of the mex file, the question is DO I NEED TO INCLUDE THE IMAQ VIs AS DYNAMIC VIs WHEN CREATING THE MEX CODE? Many thanks, Adarsh
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(690 Views)
You should post your message in a new thread rather than hijacking a 5 year old thread.  While your question also deals with IMAQ, that is the only thing your question has in common with the thread you posted into.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(672 Views)