From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Internal Error: "image.cpp", line 13192 when trying to insert a cursor to graph

NOTE:  This IS a duplicate post from the Breakpoint.  Text slightly changed.  The post in Breakpoint can be deleted.  All comments should be placed in this thread.

I resolved the "Fatal Internal Error: "image.cpp", line 13192 when trying to insert a cursor to graph", but would like to share to find out if others have seen this and to determine whether this is a bug, or if it's time to redo my PC, or buy a new one..  

I have an existing graphs (qt 6) which originally had 2 cursors.  This occurred while trying to add the third cursor. 
Up until attempting to add the last cursor, the program worked great, and I had been running tests for a while.  However, I do recall seeing this problem when creating the original cursors, but not to this extent.  Plus I don't remember the original error message from that time.

I needed to add one more cursor to the existing graphs.  As soon as I add a new cursor and set it's properties, I get a nasty error message and without warning LV8.2 simply closes itself (well, the only warning was the error message.  Tried it 3 times, same result.

Here are the steps:

Shut down the PC, went for a coffee, rebooted the PC.  Opened the LV project, opened the VI.  Immediately went to the graph properties to add the new cursor by doing the following steps: 

Right click graph indicator icon on block diagram.
Select Properties.
Click on cursor tab.
Click on Add
Select Cursor 2 (3rd one, newly created)
Change color
Select cursor as a line
Remove checkmark for "show cursor"
Click OK

I need to do this to 3 other graphs, same steps.  And as soon as I get to the step before clicking OK, I get the error message. 

I managed to get an additional one done, by immediately saving after each step (yep going in & out of the properties).  But I've had this problem before when creating the first two cursors.

Is it a bug?  Anyone else seen this?  Using LV8.2.  And the message is right about LOOSING ALL unsaved work!!!! 

Here are more observations:

Tried creating a new one on the second graph.  As soon as I clicked on the color, it crashed!

See the error explanation below.  It is really clear, now anyone can solve it    LOL!!...  According to the error log, there's a bad image out there  😄 😄

.\manager\image.cpp(13192) : DAbort: bad image in ValidateImage
$Id: //labview/branches/Europa/dev/source/manager/image.cpp#47 $
0x007A81E8 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x007A7BDB - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00829D74 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x008546CD - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00C054E6 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0081B9C8 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0081EB9A - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0084D9D4 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00854663 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00C054E6 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0085F7A1 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00BBACDD - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00C06A2F - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0085AA46 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x00C06A2F - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0

I observed the title bar after making changes to the properties.  I noticed that 3 out of 4 times, while changing the properties of the graphs to include the cursor, and saving after each & every step, that there were no stars appearing on the title bar to indicate "unsaved changes".  Saving was also much slower than usual.  I suspect, the program never got to placing the star before saving occurred.  However, I am noting everything.

After creating the cursors, saving was and is normal, and the program runs well..   I have run tests without problems.

Does anyone have a clue at what causes this?   Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,429 Views)

Hi RayR,

Thank you for your feedback.  This was reported to R&D (#42FB3AVQ) for further investigation.  Does this only occur in this particular VI or has it happened in other VIs you have created?

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,407 Views)

Hi Donovan,

I can't remember seeing this elsewhere.  When I get a chance, I'll create a new (blank) vi with new graphs and will repeat the steps. 

I will let you know if I see this in the new vi.

Thanks!

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,403 Views)