LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Internal Error: "graphobjs.cpp", line 67

I have a really bad problem:

Sometimes, and I have no idea when exactly, the program crashes when building a XY graph. Most of the time it even gives no error message but this time I got one: Fatal Internal Error:"graphobjs.cpp", line 67.

Does anyone have an idea what to do? I nead the XY graph to document my tests, about every 2 minutes. It makes me very angry when I start a test to run it over night and when I get back, lab view has crashed after only 10 minutes.

I'm using LabView 2009.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,459 Views)

Hello Meike,

fatal errors in graphobjs.cpp are not too common, but happen from time to time. There are some solutions that I'd suggest:

1. Try to find the (or all) XY graph(s) and replace them with new ones from the palette.Often, when running into such errors, one of the offending objects got insane and replacing them with fresh ones repairs that.

DO THIS ON A COPY OF YOUR CODE!

2. You may as well change your app to separate data acquisition with storage from data display. This is not the worst idea when doing looong acquisitions. Often analysis requires some manual adaption and it is much easier to be able to repeat the analysis with pre-acquired stored data. Not to talk about new analysis ideas you may get.

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,450 Views)

Hello Lul,

Greetings as well from Germany ;-),

And thanks for your help.

Unfortunately my VI became even worse after replacing the graph with a new one. (and... well, it's not a xy graph but a mixed signal graph... my fault)

Well, the VI only reads the data from a text file. I already separated the data aquisition from the main app. So it should be a really simple thing.

Maybe there's a problem when there's not as much digital data as analog data? But sometimes it worked, so that should not be the reason.

Meike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,445 Views)

Meike,

you may take a look here and  there. READ the 2nd thread to its end!

I do not know if this is still valid with your version of LV, so again: Try it with a copy of your code!

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,441 Views)

mmm... the links are really interesting.

The suggestion was to change the key "LVdebugkeys" in the ini.-file to "True".

There is no key with that name. Maybe it's different in LabView2009.

Since copying the whole VI to a new one didn't solve the problem either, i will have to think about other ideas to visualize and save my data 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,432 Views)

Meike,

> There is no key with that name.

It is mentioned somewhere in the previously given links that, if such key does not exist, one has to create it.

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,429 Views)