From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Internal Error : "linkperm.ccp", line 72 (Problems with online backup - Dropbox)

Hi,

This is more of a warning than a question. It seems that there may be potential conflicts when modifying VIs contained within folders which synchronize data on your computers harddrive with online storage facilities (e.g. Dropbox).

On re-opening a VI I had worked on earlier today LabVIEW reported that it was not shut down correctly and after investigating the fault reports the following error and shuts down: Fatal Internal Error : "linkperm.ccp", line 72

I believe that the VI was closed correctly by LabVIEW and that the problem may have been caused by Dropbox. I've been using Dropbox for a while and this is the first time this has happened. It is possible that I may have closed down my computer while dropbox was still synchronizing. As a result the VI I was working on may have become corrupted. However Dropbox saved 5 different instances of the VI today and all are corrupted in the same way. I have had to restore a version of the file from yesterday losing todays work.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with VI's corrupting due to server back ups? Any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,546 Views)

Hi Ant,

Thanks for using the NI Discussion Forums! Thank you for your feedback. I am interested to know some more information about your setup, and to see what could have caused the error. I personally also use Dropbox, and have not seen any major issues as of yet.

What version of Dropbox, LabVIEW and Windows are you using? Are you using any source control tools along side Dropbox aswell?

I would like to get hold of the error log file if possible, as the error log file indicates that the error occured and further information which can be logged to R&D so that they can investigate the cause of the error.

Again thank you for your feedback. It is through feedback such as this that we can make LabVIEW an even better product.

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,526 Views)

Hi Ashish,

I'm running:

Windows XP SP3

LabVIEW 10.0

Dropbox 0.7.110

Attached are two log files. The larger of the two is from the first time I opened the file after shutdown. The smaller file is one of many similar logs produced after trying to open revisions of the VI backed up on Dropbox.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Ant

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Hi Ant,

Thanks again for getting back to me, and thank you again for your feedback. I shall make a report of this error, and the the associated log to R&D, so that they can investigate the cause of the error.

On a side note, do you have the LabVIEW 2010 f4 patch installed? As this may help fix some issues with the LabVIEW install - 

As a dropbox user myself, I have noticed they have updated the Dropbox version to 1.0.10 for Windows.

Again thank you for your feedback. It is through feedback such as this that we can make LabVIEW an even better product.

Regards,

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,508 Views)

Hi Ashish,

Cheers, I'll check out the patch and updates.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Ant

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,501 Views)