LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc LRMate 200iC Interfacing

Solved!
Go to solution

The first thing you really have to know is whether it is really Ethernet/IP (IP = Industrial Protocol) or it's an Ethernet connection that uses TCP/IP (IP = Internet Protocol). As you can see Ethernet/IP uses defined ports that are NOT 546 and 547.

The wireshark dump is pretty brief. I'm not at all convinced that you are showing the relevant section.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,970 Views)

Okay, I have restarted wireshark and then connected from the software to the product.  Included is the wireshark information - I hope this helps. 

Thanks for the advice.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,958 Views)

That lists the documented ports for Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,943 Views)

You said "That lists the documented ports for Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol)"

I assume this is because the EtherNet/IP-2 port shown under Transmission Control Protocol is 44818, so it is Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol).

Now the question is, where do I go from here?  After the connection is established, it looks like the communication is UDP on ports 64079 and 2222.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,921 Views)

So, getting back to the original question....   Which would you now recommend to interface with a Fanuc robot, Modbus/TCP or EthernetIP?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,916 Views)

I have used the NI EIP module on a big project recently, however never directly interfaced it with a Fanuc robot (I haven't built a robot-machine since the EIP module was released).

I have only used the Modbus TCP (DSC) package, and it worked pretty nicely. I spent some time manually locating bits in the Modbus pool, but I believe a call to Fanuc CRC (tech support) would aid in this tremendously (I was missing the Modbus protocol roadmap).

I used 16 in/16 out. Mapped the UOP's to modbus-outputs on the Fanuc, and had a 5-bit GI/GO to send RSR commands and other integers. Again, there may have been an easier way, and Fanuc should be able to help set that up.

All that being said, the NI-EIP module worked very nicely for me on a recent project. I wouldn't be surprised if it worked just as well talking to an EIP-equipped Fanuc robot.

HTH.

-Ryan

Message 16 of 16
(1,912 Views)