LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to synchronize simulated PXI 5124 cards, but they synchronize without error on physical hardware.

I need to create a software development machine based on our existing experimental machine. We use two PXI 5124 cards mounted in a PXI 1042 Chassis and run LabVIEW 2013.

According to what google has returned, it is currently impossible to simulate a PXI Chassis, so I have the two devices mounted individually. Here is the experimental machine device list:

devlist.png

and here are the simulated devices on my development machine.

develop_list.png

I have verified that the simulated devices are working by creating a simple program that graphs the output of the simulated devices. See attached.

However, when I run the program that we use on our experimental machine, the program fails to synchronize the clocks. I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post this program, so I have merely attached a picture of the part that creates an error.

syncherror.png

Up to this point, there are no errors, but when synchronization begins, I receive the following error:

Error -250027 occurred at niTClk Configure For Homogeneous Triggers.vi:2010001

Possible reason(s):

NI-TClk does not support the specified session.

Make sure that the sessions you pass to NI-TClk are supported by NI-TClk.

Session index (starts at zero): 0

Using probes, I can determine that there are (seemingly) valid resource names [9] going into the Configure VI:

probes.png

These are not fundamentally different from the resource names [2] on our experimental machine:

session_refs.png

According to this page I should be able to synchronize. While no longer in the same chassis, the two devices are still in the "same computer," are they not? Nevertheless, the error message makes me think I'm trying to do something that isn't allowed.

I've tried to look at other posts, but they are mainly concerned with FGEN, which I am not using.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,581 Views)

Using the example file, niScope EX Multi-Device Generic Sync (TClk).vi, I was able to replicate the problems I'm having. I had to slightly modify it to accept the simualted devices I'm using. As it was, the Resource Names didn't work, and upon running I'd receive Error -1073807343: Insufficient location info or the device is not present in the system. Knowing this to be false, I changed this input (see attached), and now receive the same error I've documented above.

This makes me worry that there is something wrong with this setup, and I'm not going to be able to synchronize these simualted devices since they're not in a single chassis or something. However, this means that will have to create the simulated inputs from scratch, which sounds like a project.

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,531 Views)
It sounds to me like it's just a limitation of a simulated device. The simulation capabilities are very limited with no actual signals being generated.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,524 Views)