LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to initialize lvanlys DLL

See this solution (also read the entire thread). Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,097 Views)

Hi,

If you have installed 64-bit LabVIEW: Then install runtime engine also 64-bit.

Note: LabVIEW 64 bit is not supported with many functionalities, libraries, and dll's. So if possible please use 32-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,080 Views)

@Bathank wrote:

If you have installed 64-bit LabVIEW: Then install runtime engine also 64-bit.

No, if you have LabVIEW installed, installing the run time engine is already included and not needed. Please don't spread false information. Thanks.

@Bathank wrote:

Note: LabVIEW 64 bit is not supported with many functionalities, libraries, and dll's. So if possible please use 32-bit.

Most modules and toolkits are now supported in 64bit LabVIEW. Here is the current list with further links.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(3,078 Views)

That solved my problem, but it took me a while to implement the change.

For the next person who isn't experienced with modifications to their environment, this is how I did it (Windows 10):

1. In the search box (bottom left), type "environment", and select "edit the system environment variables".

2. In the System Properties window, selec the "Environment Variables" button

3.Select "New"

4. Type "MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE" in "Variable Name"

5. Type 4 in "Variable Value"

6. Accept the changes, close back out, restart, and everything works

PS.  I chose to assign the variable =5  for reasons that were raised on other BBs and it works too

Message 14 of 23
(3,061 Views)

@Bathank wrote:

Hi,

This blanket statement was true a few years ago but definitely doesn’t anymore. While there are third party providers who haven’t updated their Toolkits and binary drivers to work in 64-bit applications, there are nowadays also third party suppliers who will only dupport 64-bit anymore.

For most NI drivers and Toolkits, except legacy ones, both are supported and the time is quickly approaching where 32-bit support belongs to the legacy software!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(3,044 Views)

Same issue with my Ryzen 7 4800 8 cores CPU. Problem solved with the steps proposed but with 5 instead of 4 core. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(2,878 Views)

Hello everyone,
Sorry for necroposting, but this issue also appeared to me when I tried to use Mean.vi from lvanlys.dll

My configuration is:
- Windows 10 LTSC(1809) x64
- LabVIEW 2018.0f2 (32-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 (4 cores)

Unfortunately, the proposed solution doesn't help in my case.
I will be grateful for any thoughts.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,619 Views)

As your processor is an 11th generation Intel CPU that was released in 2020, there is a chance that the CPU detection code in the Intel Math Kernel library included with LabVIEW 2018 is stumbling over something that it doesn’t quite understand. In theory a similar value in the environment variable should skip the autodetection and force the library to assume the according CPU architecture.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,600 Views)

Thanks for your answer rolfk

I have already tried the proposed solution without any effect.

The same software set works fine on i7-8750H.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,585 Views)

That would be an 8th generation CPU codename Coffee Lake which was released in 2017Q4 (your specific CPU was released in 2018Q2) so there is a good chance that the Intel MKL library included in LabVIEW 2018 was even tested with this CPU architecture. This is obviously not possible with your other 11th generation CPU. Upgrading the Intel MKL would likely seem the quickest and most easy solution. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,565 Views)