LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to compile: Cannot convert source type code 0x70 to destination udclass

What does this mean? It's the only error I'm getting for this particular VI. It specifically said to consult tech support, which makes it sound rather bad.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,389 Views)

Hi Thurtell,

What version of LabVIEW are you using? What are you trying to compile? Can you create and post a simple VI that demonstrates this error?

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,373 Views)

I found the error. I had copied most of the VI from a similar one. The VI consists of a loop for maintaining an array of objects representing power supplies, which are in a different class hierarchy from the VI I copied the block diagram from (which dealt with oscilloscopes). There was one sub VI that I had forgotten to replace with its equivalent from the power supply classes, so I had a VI loading a scope from a file and sticking it into an array of power supplies. I don't know if it's a bug or a known limitation of LabVIEW's type system, but the wire from this sub VI to the "insert into array" function was not shown as broken; instead, I got the above compile error.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem and post a simple example VI here, though it might be hard since it depends on having at least two different classes.

Edit: By the way, LabVIEW 8.5.1 on Windows XP.

Message Edited by Thurtell on 06-18-2009 11:01 AM
Message 3 of 3
(2,359 Views)