From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to building a shared library from a LabVIEW project

I am using LabVIEW 2021 (32bit) on Windows 11 (version 22H2).  I was able to generate a shared library (DLL) successfully from a LabVIEW project until September this year.  After some recommended LabVIEW updates and Windows updated, the same source code fails to build the shared library from the same LabVIEW project.  It would just hangs forever with a build progress bar at 80% complete.  I have to kill the process from the task manager.

To prove that the failure is not caused by the my source code, I created a new LabVIEW project with a single simple VI (X+Y=Z).  I tried to generate a DLL for this simple VI, and it hangs in the same way as before.  In other words, the DLL generating function is no longer working on my system.

Can somebody provide some advice to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(575 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2021 (32bit) on Windows 11 (version 22H2).  I was able to generate a shared library (DLL) successfully from a LabVIEW project until September this year.  After some recommended LabVIEW updates and Windows updated, the same source code fails to build the shared library from the same LabVIEW project.  It would just hangs forever with a build progress bar at 80% complete.  I have to kill the process from the task manager.

To prove that the failure is not caused by the my source code, I created a new LabVIEW project with a single simple VI (X+Y=Z).  I tried to generate a DLL for this simple VI, and it hangs in the same way as before.  In other words, the DLL generating function is no longer working on my system.

Can somebody provide some advice to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(572 Views)