LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem after finishing one operation its take lots time to stop running vi.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I am facing one problem that after finishing one operation its take lots of time to stop the vi.

Means when one compete operation is done than its ask to save file and after saving file vi should be stop but before stop it take lots of time and then its stop.

And I have set that when user open vi its already in running condition.

Please guide me that how can I overcome this problem

thank you very much in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,059 Views)

Your vi has a significant amount of inappropriate programming/logic (for example, you keep closing VISA throughout your vi even though you use it in so many cases - and even usage of VISA itself is done in a strange way).

In any case, I "skipped" past all your cases and triggered just the last case where you save file and then it is supposed to stop right away - well on my computer it does stop pretty much right away after writing a file (and file seems to be written ok too).

Not sure what problem you're seeing, perhaps you could look at some examples of how to use VISA and how to use state-machines and clean up the vi a little which would certainly improve your performance.

-DP

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,048 Views)

Thank you very much for reply.

Yea file is saving OK,

then vi should stop, but its not stop immediately its take nearly 1 min  to stop, I have remove all extra close vi and please let me know is there any other thing to reduce the complexity of the vi which can be useful to speed up the vi.

thank you very much once again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,042 Views)

Try running your vi on another computer and see if it has that same lag after you save the file - as I mentioned, it seems to have no lag after saving the file on my computer. If you see a lag AFTER you select what name to give the output file and save it, the problem might be somewhere else...

-DP

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,033 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitRamani

May be it possible to have problem with system because I made new structure for same program and even though I am getting same problem.

Now I am trying to reduce repeated function and making vi smooth.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,024 Views)