LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facade VI opens dirty

My own issue is with the Display State Change, which is fired when the XControl is loaded, even though the comments in the facade template don't indicate that it should be fired in that case. One idea I have now, based on your latest post, is to use the First Call? primitive and only set the state changed boolean if it's false. This should presumably handle the case where the control is loaded, but I would have to check that. I'm assuming this should probably also work in Tim's case.

(243 Views)

@tst wrote:

My own issue is with the Display State Change, which is fired when the XControl is loaded, even though the comments in the facade template don't indicate that it should be fired in that case. One idea I have now, based on your latest post, is to use the First Call? primitive and only set the state changed boolean if it's false. This should presumably handle the case where the control is loaded, but I would have to check that. I'm assuming this should probably also work in Tim's case.

That's similar to the workaround I added earlier in this thread where I just ignore the events if they happen when the owning VI is not running.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(240 Views)

Hi Tim.  It seems like for now, the workaround is the best solution.  I know that it's not ideal, but it does prevent the hassle of having a dirty VI.

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(229 Views)