LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI I figured out SCSI by using aspi.ocx if anyone is interested.

I successfully used aspi.ocx to pass SCSI commands to a tape drive using LabView 7.1 with W2K. I am using it to write random data and retrieve the ECC's from the drive. If I can help someone drop me a line. 

Best Regards,
Brett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,314 Views)

Hi Brett, I'd be most grateful if you could help me or give me some pointers (or URLs) in this area - I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI board that I would like to use to control a number of 'instruments' (actually home built boards for data acquisition in a 3U rack). After some digging I found I need ASPI, which I have downloaded and installed, but I'm not really sure how to proceed from here - I've downloaded and read the ASPI32 Technical Reference, and it looks like it could be accessed from a C/C++ program. I'm reasonable comptent at writing 'C', though I'm more at home with hardware design - I'm a retired British electronic engineer living in China (long story). I understand SCSI protocol, and in the 'bad old days' I would prolly just access the hardware level directly, but Windows seems to be good as obfuscating things - this will be used with a home grown app displaying the data (probably) in graphical form - a sort of 'soft' chart recorder with disk backup for 'rewind/replay'.  My email is gristigre@hotmail.com if you want to reply directly. Regards, Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,995 Views)

@Gristigre wrote:

Hi Brett, I'd be most grateful if you could help me or give me some pointers (or URLs) in this area - I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI board that I would like to use to control a number of 'instruments' (actually home built boards for data acquisition in a 3U rack). After some digging I found I need ASPI, which I have downloaded and installed, but I'm not really sure how to proceed from here - I've downloaded and read the ASPI32 Technical Reference, and it looks like it could be accessed from a C/C++ program. I'm reasonable comptent at writing 'C', though I'm more at home with hardware design - I'm a retired British electronic engineer living in China (long story). I understand SCSI protocol, and in the 'bad old days' I would prolly just access the hardware level directly, but Windows seems to be good as obfuscating things - this will be used with a home grown app displaying the data (probably) in graphical form - a sort of 'soft' chart recorder with disk backup for 'rewind/replay'.  My email is gristigre@hotmail.com if you want to reply directly. Regards, Chris

The poster last visited 5 years ago.  I doubt you'll get an answer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,979 Views)