LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP file transfer from one PC using filezila client to Host pc as labview coding FTP server

Hi Everyone...

I am using labview 2011.I want to transfer file from one pc which has filezila client to Host PC which uses FTP coding which act filezila server, to transfer the text file.these are linked through an ethernet cable.But im stucking out inthis error.

TCP Write in NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Command.vi:1->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP [QUIT].vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Close Session.vi:7->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Put Multiple Files and Buffers.vi:4->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Put Multiple Files.vi:1->FTP_20_10_2016_16_am.vi

I have checked my firewall and switched off and disabled my anti virus protection aswell but the result is the same.

Im attaching screenshot of the pc which uses filezila client and vi used in host pc which act as filezila server.

Thanking you

Sudhin sudh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,884 Views)

I don't imagine that error is going to help you much.  If your filezilla client won't connect (according to your screenshot), I wouldn't expect the vi to do any better.  Since this question is really a "why won't my ftp client talk to my ftp server" thing, I'm not sure what kind of help we can give.

Edit: Do you mean the client and server are directly connected by ethernet cable, or are they connect through a hub or switch?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,818 Views)

thanks for your reply.......

Both the PC are connected using direct ethernet cable, with particular each IP address as shown in the screenshot.

I cant understand wat is the reason, its not getting. Im stuck under this for a while now.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,794 Views)

Two PCs cannot be connected directly with a standard ethernet cable.  It is possible with a crossover cable.  I would suggest using an switch to connect the PCs or get a crossover cable to connect directly.

Beyond that, I don't see how anyone here can help you.  This is a LabView forum, after all.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,770 Views)

thanks for ur reply..Mancho00

Now i hav used the cross ethernet cable but the result remain the same.

Is there any changes to be made in vi option or settings, which may help me...??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,755 Views)

The LabVIEW FTP VIs implement the client side of the FTP protocol, not the server side. You can't use them to implement an FTP server.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,745 Views)

thank you Rolf Kalbermatter... for ur reply

But are you sure we cant make an FTP server using labview vi's. Because i was using Filezila server interface software earlier but now i want to replace that sofware by directly making the server coding in labview.

This is an urgent project an i have to submit it as soon as possible.

THANKING YOU

Sudhin sudh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,742 Views)

Hii.............Rolf Kalbermatter

Is there any other ways that i can use to make ftp server apart from using this software.Because the Filezila server interface software is an open souce software and we cant rely much on this software.

Hoping for everyones reply..

THANKING YOU

Sudhin sudh

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,740 Views)

Simply install the FileZilla server itself! What's the problem with that?

I'm not sure what you try to say that you can not rely on FileZilla Server because it is open source. That's IMHO a completely false statement.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,733 Views)

Ohh you can write an FTP server in LabVIEW. The TCP/IP VIs are all you need for that. Just don't expect a ready made LabVIEW library that implements it for you. The FTP VI library is an extensive library that took many man weeks of development time. It implements the client side of the protocol. The server side is in many ways similar but simply mirrors the functionality of the client side. So while the client sends a command and waits for a response, the server waits for a command and sends then the according response. That is the entire difference, but a very fundamental one, that requires a new library of VIs to implement the server side.

If you want to spend several man weeks of development effort to write such a library is something you have to decide for yourself. But don't forget that the FTP client library was written by people who had already considereable LabVIEW experience and certainly some network coding experience. I'm not sure where you stand in this, but without that experience your library may take months instead and never work reliably.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,730 Views)