From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Transfer between PXIe-8100 and host computer

Hello everyone,

I have a program made on LabVIEW 2011 that is deployed on a remote target (PXie-8100 embedded controller). The PXIe-8100 device can be controlled remotely over the network (using embedded web browsing), acquires data as prescribed, and saves the data files to its own C:\ drive. I want to programmatically move these files from the PXIe-8100 to one of several computers that are also on the same network as the PXIe-8100, ideally using FTP transfer. I initially encountered several errors (namely Error 7 and Error 43), but can now run the program without any error messages coming up. However, the desired files are still not appearing on the host computer of my choice. I checked to make sure an FTC server was open on my computer (Windows 7), and this appears to be the case.

In order to debug the problem, I've written a sequence structure with all 4 wiring possibilities as to how the file can be transfered (attached as IMAG1464.jpg). 129.69.46.45 is the IP address of the remote target, 129.69.46.67 is the IP address of the computer I want to send data to, c:\new_data.txt is the file on the RT device I want to have transferred, and c:\Users\Public is the destination on the computer I want the file to be placed in. Whenever I connect the computer's IP address to the "host" port on either of the Put File.vi or Get File.vi (i.e. panels 2 and 4 of the aforementioned sequence structure), I get an error saying:

"Error 1 occurred at TCP Write in NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Command.vi:2->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP [QUIT].vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Close Session.vi:9->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Put Multiple Files and Buffers.vi:4->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Put File.vi:3->__main__.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @."

Whenever the RT's IP address is connected to the "host" port on the two subVIs, I get message 221 (no error).

I've attached the relevant VI of this real-time project, as well as a screenshot showing the part of my code where I deal with the FTP transfer. I am unsure of how to proceed with this.... Any assistance with this (or possible alternatives) would be greatly appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,899 Views)

I realized I made a slight typo: I meant to say "FTP" rather than "FTC" in the title!

Edit: just realized I can modify old posts..... Sorry about the resulting double post - I'm fairly new here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,895 Views)

Hallo, I had to work with FTP transfers in "traditional mode" (now WebDAV is used) some months ago so maybe my considerations could not be useful.

But I remember two things that I discovered and that solved some issues.

1. In the Get File vi there is a flag "Active" which is set at TRUE as default. I had to put it to False to achieve communication with my PXI;

2. I had also to open the Get File vi; insite it has a  "get multiple files vi": I opened it and saw that the local port was default set at 0 instead of 21. I had to modify it s default to 21 then save.

these two actions solved for me in that situation... not sure these will work for you but I hope so.

Let me know.. bye

marco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,869 Views)