LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA

Hi, I am trying to access a FPGA I/0 from the RT side using the Read/Write Interface, but it is not visible.

I have the same code in LV2011 and it is visible but in my LV2013 I can't see the FPGA I/O using the Read/Write Interface node.

Anyone facing the same issue or am I doing something wrong .. Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,921 Views)

Dear vbs,

You must out the FPGA reference outside the stacked sequence ( and a while loop ), first. Second, have you tried extending this I/O control icon downwards? May be you will see the remaining I/Os. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,887 Views)

There's a coercion dot on the FPGA VI Reference Out terminal, which suggests one source of a problem.

Try deleting the FPGA reference constant within the loop and creating/wiring a new one to the method node.

I've had similar issues over the last few days, and the following describes it a little bit:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599F-01/lvfpgahosthelp/fpga_dynamic_host_interface/

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,875 Views)

I am suspecting that FPGA I/O cannot be accessed using the Read/Write Interface control.

Because no mater what I do I can't access FPGA I/O.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,850 Views)

What is your "Open FPGA VI" function pointing to? If you have it pointing to an old bitfile, that would be an expected source of this behavior... especially if it's pointing directly at the old 2011 version of the bitfile.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,838 Views)

I use the vi file as the reference not the bitfile. And it is the latest FPGA vi file (other controls that I add do show up in the Read/Write interface, only the FPGA I/O controls are not showing up). I have attache an image of the open FPGA configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,835 Views)

Any chance you can post the whole project (zip) instead of just screenshots?

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,828 Views)

Sure.. I have attached the project.

RT_Init_Task.vi has the FPGA open interface and the Read/Write Interface control (which is my issue).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,823 Views)

Hmm... ok, I'm going to have to look at this one a bit more. Have you tried generating the intermediate files for your LabVIEW FPGA code recently (i.e. do you get the same error I do)? Did you upgrade this code from the 2011 project, or re-create it in 2013? If you still have the 'working' 2011 code, could you please post that as well? It looks like your FPGA VI is in a bad state, and I'd like to figure out how it got there.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,815 Views)

I do not get any errors when I compile the code here. But I can try to start a new project and transfer this code and see if it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,770 Views)