LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA void sink

i need to get to the FPGA of my cRio 9014 chassis 9112 module 9263.  im trying to create an anolog voltage output but seem to be running into errors.  i'm using example code that used a fpga target but i can't find the reference i have the matched/right cRio and chassis enabled. how do i give it the target it wants.  (Otherwise FPGA target is void)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,896 Views)

Please don't post screenshots as Word documents.  It's very easy to use a standard format such as PNG (use "mspaint"), and that way you can embed the image directly into your post, if you want.  More people are likely to look at your question if you do this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,893 Views)

I don't think you have your Open FPGA VI reference configured.  You have to tell it to reference a bitfile, FPGA VI, or build specification.  This document may help.

Best,

Jeff S.
National Instruments
Message 3 of 13
(2,866 Views)

i am unable to configure the FPGA vi reference using a build specification nor a vi. i can select a bitfile for a reference, but do not know there is a PCI device that i refer to or something else.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,846 Views)

You need to create a new LabVIEW project first, then add the FPGA target to it (in the project explorer, right-click My Computer and select New->Targets and Device...).  Then, you need to add your VI to the project.  Have you already done this?  You cannot run an FPGA VI on its own; it needs to be part of a project.

Message 5 of 13
(2,844 Views)

how do u specify the target you want (cRIO) if it is not discover. if i create a new MXIe-RIO chassis then i'm stuck because the option to add an FPGA is disabled saying its not installed.  Just creating a FPGA from my computer will not connect the output to the modules on the cRIO.  I have the same restriction when i add the chassis from the cRIO (can't add an FPGA unless the chassis acts as the FPGA if that makes sense)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,838 Views)

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I might have provided one bit of inaccurate advice.  Right-click on the top-level of the project, instead of on My Computer.  That will let you add a remote target.  Does that answer your question?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,836 Views)

no, the cRIO device is not discovered when i do that.  i can however manually input its ip address, but when i use shared variables it does not connect the the device even though it says connected when i right click on it in my poroject view.  that is way im guessing it has a configuration problem of some sort.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,818 Views)

Where are the shared variables hosted - on your laptop/desktop computer, or on the cRIO? If on the cRIO, is the shared variable engine installed? If not, you can install it through Measurement and Automation Explorer.

Can you run code on the cRIO that does not use shared variables?

You might want to zip your entire project (the .lvproj file and all associated VIs) and attach it to your reply. That will make it easier to understand your configuration.

Message 9 of 13
(2,814 Views)

shared variables are from cRIO that has been installed on MAX.  But now i cannot even deploy the chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,808 Views)