LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA slide indicator

I'm running a timed loop on an FPGA and would like to add progress bar (slide indicator) with a variable maximum which depends on a number of inputs.  Ordinarily, I would use a property node to adjust the scale.maximum, but this node is not supported on the FPGA.  Does anyone have a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,295 Views)

Hi PTAR,

Under your FPGA Target, when you create a new VI, do you see progress bar under numeric pallete? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,267 Views)

Yes, however the progress node I would normally use to change the scale maximum of the progress bar is not supported on the FPGA target.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,253 Views)

An FPGA does not have a front panel.  So this sounds pointless.  Are you trying to show progress to the end user?  If so, you need to pass the progress value up to the host and have them manipulate it however they need to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,250 Views)

Using FPGA VI as "THE ONLY VI" for your measurement and control would do you no good. More than half of LabVIEW functions aren't supported in FPGA targets. The best practice is that you take data from inputs in your FPGA VI, pass the data up to the host ( the real-time target using either simple read/write control registers or FIFO buffers) and do some more processing. 

OR

Pass the data up to the Main VI created under my computer and create your own user interface to show data efficiently without any trouble. In this way you will truly discover the power of real-time programming and appliation development. 

Regards.

Message 5 of 5
(2,243 Views)