From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA set up baud rate NI-9853

HI everybody,

I have a CRIO-9014 and a module NI-9853 and I work on these from few days. I have a problem with a set up of baud rate of Port 0 and Port 1 through the FPGA VI. I attached a picture of my current VI. The goal is to have a possibility to change the baud rate of port 0 and port 1 in real time during the execution of FPGA VI.

I have read many posts on this problem but I do not find ad real answer. Can you help me and show a picture of a correct VI?

Thank you very much 

FPGA_Setup_BaudRate.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,539 Views)

Hi,

this document explains how to set 9853 baud rate programmatically. You can find also more details here.

The same property you are setting is used.

Thus, what is your exact difficulty? Isn't the VI working correctly? Are you getting an error?

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,519 Views)

Hi Licia,
thank you for the links but I just knew their. The first problem that I have to solve consist in change the baud rate of port 0 and 1 of NI-9853 through the RealTime VI and, obviously, read and write the data. I saw and tested the three block that allow this but maybe the position of their is not correct because the result is no good.

Can you show me the right position in a VI in order to change the BaudRate from RealTime VI with the blocks that allow to read and data shown in my image?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,513 Views)

One or two things about your picture from the first post:

1. You are stopping, setting baudrate and starting the CAN card for every loop iteration. This can cause the CAN card to drop all the recieved CAN messages there is in the queue in the CAN controller. You will then loose ALL the messages.

Make sure you are only changing/setting the baudrate when the baudrate is actually changed.
  2. As the code is now, you will only see the latest CAN message on the bus, and not all. Are you sure that is what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,489 Views)

Thank you DKFIRE for your answer. Below it is possible to see the new version of FPGA's VI. Now it is correct?

The numbers that I have to insert in the BaudRate control are:

or

-125000, 500000,1000000

because the common baudrate are 125kbits/s - 500kbits/s and 1Mbits/s

thanks

FPGA_Setup_BaudRate2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,471 Views)