LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA read/write error -63195

I'm running LabVIEW 2014 using a 7951-R FPGA target executing on a PXIe-8115. Whenever I attemp to perform a read/write operation from the host VI, I get this error:

Error -63195 occurred at Read/Write Control in FGPA tester.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-RIO: (Hex 0xFFFF0925) The handle for device communication is invalid or has been closed. Restart the application.

Even with a very simple read/write vi (see attached), the error persists. Interestingly enough, I can interact with the front panel of the FPGA vi and it seems to behave correctly internally, just FPGA<->Host communication is broken.

I have found this page ( http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CB82AC9CBC6C3F2386257241007A06EF ) and have verified that "Automatically Close VISA sessions" is disabled, and have also tried editing the .ini file to include the suggested token.

I've been unable to find any further information on the cause of this error, though there is one older thread with the same problem with no posted solution: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/FPGA-error-63195/td-p/1014763

Edit: I neglected to open the FPGA reference on the host VI, using a constant instead. Disregard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,622 Views)

Did you ever determine a solution for this error? I am experiencing a similar situation.

John O'C
Staff Test Systems Engineer
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
Wow...What a Ride!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,238 Views)

Hi John, it looks like he fixed the problem on his own a few minutes after he made that post. He was using a constant for the FPGA VI reference instead of opening a new reference.

If this sounds different than what you have done, you might want to create a new thread and attach your VI so we can have a look and see what could be wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,220 Views)

Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't see his edit at the bottom of his post.

John O'C
Staff Test Systems Engineer
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
Wow...What a Ride!"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,212 Views)