LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA module evaluation and Xilinx tools?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm currently using an evaluation version of LabVIEW 2013 and the FPGA module.  When I try to build my FPGA target, I get as far as selecting the compile server.  There, I am unable to use the local compile server because "The Xilinx 14.4 tools are not installed."

I had been under the impression that the Xilinx tools came with the FPGA module.  In the FPGA module install, I don't even have the option to select to install Xilinx...  What's going on here?  Is this happening because I'm only using an evaluation version rather than a registered version?  Or did I miss something?  Do I really need to get the Xilinx tools separately?

Thanks!

Sara

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sara_J

Howdy Sara,

It is indeed a separate installer. Give this a go! Cat Happy

NI LabVIEW 2013 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools 14.4

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2013/4248/en/

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,561 Views)

Thanks.  Are the Xilinx tools a separate purchase, then, or are they included in the price of the FPGA module?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,478 Views)

@Sara_J wrote:

Thanks.  Are the Xilinx tools a separate purchase, then, or are they included in the price of the FPGA module?

They are not a seperate purchase.  The install is quite large so you maybe downloading for a while.  When you get the developer suite it actually comes on a seperate DVD.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,469 Views)

Ah.  Thanks for the clarification!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,464 Views)