LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA error: Failed to create C series module

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using sbRIO 9631 with LabVIEW 2012, along with FPGA module 2012. Everything was working fine till yesterday I got this error while creating a new FPGA project. 
" LabVIEW FPGA:  An error occurred downloading the VI to the FPGA device.  Verify that the target is connected and powered and that the resource of the target is properly configured."

After ignoring this error, I can create any VI in FPGA target, compile it and it works but can't do anything with host one. The MAX configurations show no error as well. 
I have attached snapshots for convenience.

Note: This sbRIO came with a DVD of LabVIEW 8.6 and related modules of same version. I had been using this version for a year. Then I got myself LabVIEW 2012 with latest modules and now facing this error. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,388 Views)

Hi NapDynamite,

Can you confirm that you have the LabVIEW 2012 Real-TIme module? You'll need this, along with the LabVIEW FPGA module to actually program the sbRIO.

You check what software you have installed in Measurement and Automation Explorer, in the Software section.

Thanks,

Josh E
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,368 Views)

I have installed Real-Time Module as per your advice. I can access the real time target and program it but again when I start the FPGA wizard to create new FPGA project, it gives me same error ( picture # 1).  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,363 Views)
I have installed Real-Time module 12 for LabVIEW 2012. But when I deploy the VI to real time target (sbRIO 9631) it gives me an error that the real time module versions do not match. My sbRIO 9631 came along with Labview 8.6 along with FPGA module and Real time module 8.6. But I have installed latest LabVIEW version (2012) with latest modules. Do I need to go uninstall and go back to old version? :(

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NapDynamite

Hi NapDynamite,

You shouldn't need to uninstall your earlier version of LabVIEW on your development PC.

Can you see what version of NI-RIO you have installed on your sbRIO? You can view this by selecting the sbRIO under 'Remote Systems' in MAX, then selecting the software category. You may need to update the version of NI-RIO that's installed on the sbRIO.

Can you try this first?

Kind regards,

Josh E
Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 8
(3,352 Views)

I will get back to you after trying this. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,346 Views)

Hi Josh_E,

I have successfully updated the software and deployed VI to real time target. Your advice was much assistive. I appreciate 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,334 Views)

Awesome news! Glad I could help.

Josh E
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,327 Views)