From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA error: DiagramReset did not clear within the timeout period

Solved!
Go to solution

After compilation of my FPGA VI I get the following error message when I want to run it:

Internal error: DiagramReset did not clear within the timeout period.

Any help highly appreciated!

front_panel.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dlanger
  • recompiling the VI: didn't help
  • restarting LabVIEW: didn't help
  • shutting down the PC, switching off and on the power to the PXI chassis with the FPGA card and rebooting the PC: did help --> problem solved

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,272 Views)

I am having the same problem with the NI PXI-7831R and the LabVIEW 2010 FPGA Module; the compilation is successful, but when I attempt to download it to the device, I receive the error message "DiagramReset did not clear within the timeout period." Restarting the computer and powering the chassis off does not help. Any suggestions? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,189 Views)

In another thread, the advised solution is to change your OS... For me, the solution is often to reboot my Windows machine and the target I want to interactively deploy to. Sometimes when this doesn't help, I have done some kind of programming error that doesn't make the run arrow break and the compilation to not succeed, but still isn't correct.

Since you wrote your post in 2010 I hope that you have moved on in Life Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,568 Views)