From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA compile: Error -61319 occurred at niFpgaCompileFarm_GetJobStatus.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

System Configuration:

Windows 7 (I know there are known issues that won't be fixed regarding FPGA and Win7)

LabVIEW 2011

Xilinx 12.4

.net 4.0

I start the compiler. It downloads the file, puts into the queue, and then the Status of the compiler reads: "Starting compilation". Under build specifications, the little green circle rotates. After about 45 seconds of this, the systems aborts with the main Compiler window stating "An error occurred while communicating with the compile server".

The detailed error is:

Error -61319 occurred at niFpgaCompileFarm_GetJobStatus.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA: The compile farm server aborted the compilation.
=========================
LabVIEW FPGA: The compilation was aborted by the compile farm server.

Complete call chain:
niFpgaCompileFarm_GetJobStatus.vi
niFpgaCompileWorker_GetStatus.vi
niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:1

The other suspicious thing is that the Xilinx log is empty. If the communication was working before the compilation started shouldn't it show some activity? 

Help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can supply any more details.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,440 Views)

Since there doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation on this error, I'm just going to keep a running list of what I've done to try to resolve this issue. So far none of these have worked.

• Make sure ports 3580 and 3582 are unblocked
  • Repair Xilinx Tools
  • Repair NI Farm Server
  • Repair FPGA module
  • Stop and Restart NISystemWebServer and NIApplicationWebServer (Although this is a different error I considered deleting the files mentioned in this knowledge base, but my version doesn't have the NIAuth folder. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5C9B5D3F13C7BCBE86257C91003D8990)

Going to try to repair LabVIEW itself next.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,382 Views)

Hi,

Is there a firewall or any antivirus software running on your computer? These can block communications between computers, or between different programs on a single PC. Try disabling these entirely and compiling again, and let us know the result!

Nick B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 3 of 16
(4,376 Views)

Thanks, tolltroll.

So I turned off all of my firewall/anitvirus software (didn't uninstall because it shouldn't be handling anything if it's off right?). We're using Bitdefender on a network so I had our IT disable Bitdefender on the PC we're trying to compile from (local compiler). 

The FPGA still didn't compile though.

Any more thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,347 Views)

Hello, 

If you have single cycled time loop in the code.

Dont leave default sample terminal unconnected, connect sample clock as constant to this input terminal to the STL.

I have faced this problem long back but forgotten how I resloved.

Try above clock input terminal ones.

Hemant 

Message 5 of 16
(4,333 Views)

Thanks for the thoughts, Hemant.

The code has been compiled successfully before though, and the only change I made was I added 2 extra channels to an FPGA I/O node in order to get the CJC and Autozero values. I tried reverting my changes and recompiling the old code, and I still ran into the same error so I'm thinking it's not the code.

Also I don't know what the default sample terminal is. I don't believe I'm using one though. I did look for default values we might be using, but we're only using a while look with a shift register, a sequence, and a for loop that auto indexes. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,323 Views)

Great, few times error message does not display informative error message.In that case we have to check all the possibility to resolve the issue.

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,318 Views)

Tried a few other things. 

• Adjusted the labview.ini file to include "cleanupVisa=False". This made the compiler act sluggish with same results. Also verified the the check box for Visa cleanup was unchecked.
  • Changed the Xlinx option from "recommend" to "Area". Still didn't compile.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,290 Views)

Question/thought:

I made a copy of the project (the one that compiled correctly previously) before I began modification in order to preserve the original. Is it possible that I need to modify the settings within this new copy in order for the compiler to operate correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,285 Views)

I think I found the issue in the workerLog

(thanks to help from this thread: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-FPGA-compile-error/td-p/2550953)

The errors compound after the first. They are as follows:

CompileWorker.exe Error: 0 : 8/29/2017 10:25:57 AM Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at NationalInstruments.NIFarm.NIFarmClient.NativeMethods.NIFarm_DownloadFile(String sessionId, String jobId, String fileName)
at NationalInstruments.NIFarm.NIFarmClient.DownloadFile(String jobId, String fileName)
at NI.LV.FPGA.CompileWorkerUI.CompileWorkerThread.ThreadMain()
Yj8981L: ERROR: 0: ERROR: DbgStdErr: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
CompileWorker.exe Error: 0 : 8/29/2017 10:26:27 AM The next to last status message we were trying to submit wouldn't finish. sessionId: DoxH7P9 workerID: EQTaP5Y
CompileWorker.exe Error: 0 : 8/29/2017 10:27:27 AM We were unable to transmit our last status message. sessionId: DoxH7P9 workerID: EQTaP5Y
CompileWorker.exe Error: 0 : 8/29/2017 10:27:27 AM A server error occurred while trying to upload the final files: ErrorCode: kNIFarmResultSuccess StackTrace: at NationalInstruments.NIFarm.OffloadReportStatus.sendTransmission(Byte[] inputData, Boolean forceLastTransmission)
at NI.LV.FPGA.CompileWorkerUI.XmlPipes.ReportStatus(Boolean finalReport)
at NI.LV.FPGA.CompileWorkerUI.XmlPipes.Flush()
at NI.LV.FPGA.CompileWorkerUI.CompileWorkerThread.FlushPipesAndUploadFile(XmlPipes pipes, FileInfo uowZipFileInfo)

The error repeats from there until the compiler aborts.

Does anyone at NI have a suggestion in order to fix the "other memory corrupt" error?

I've attached the full workerLog.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,276 Views)