From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA compilation not completing.- Generating Cores

FPGA_compiling_error.PNG

When i compile my FPGA code I get the above window and will be in the same status for more than 10 hrs and still no progress and no  errors are thrown by the compiler. I have tried with different Design strategy like Balanced, minimum time  etc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,332 Views)

What version of LV? OS?

Has FPGA compilation ever worked on this computer? 

For test purposes, have you tried compiling a very simple FPGA VI? Does this happen with any VI you try to compile?

Can you tell by looking at the task monitor whether the compiler is still actively doing something (consuming CPU cycles) after 10 hours?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,328 Views)

Hi Mike,

I am using LabVIEW 2010, Win 7.

I have compiled other FPGA codes successfully.

even at 30mins and more the CPU consumption is not more than 10%

and I referred this post and tried the solution, but no success

Kanoj
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,313 Views)

How large is the code you are trying to compile? It sounds like there could be a problem with a specific function that your VI is calling.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,306 Views)

VI properties.PNG

My VI is calling mainly two functions sine wave generators(8 in number) and high throughtput multiply (8 in number).

Thanks & regards

Kanoj

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,294 Views)

Hmmm... The problem cited in the other forum thread involved a multiply operation. Can you replace those with a conventional multiply?

What does the block diagram look like? 

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,277 Views)

I did a search through our bug report database for issues in the LabVIEW 2010 time-frame with this behavior; I see two potential candidates:

1) Do you use V-Go Single Sign On (from Passlogix)? Do you have a running process called ssoShell.exe?

2) Do you have the NICompileFarmToolkit installed, and have a single machine (maybe your dev machine) to run simultaneous compilations on seperate cores?

I think the first might be more likely, as issue 2 seemed to be intermittent. I have also seen cygwin interfere with the Xilinx Compile Tools if you have that installed.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,273 Views)