LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA code simulation on dev computer doesn't run

Wrote some code in LV2013 for NI5640R FPGA, and when tried to run it on Dev computer - nothing happened. VI isn't running, no errors or popup windows.

While looking for the cause of the problem, I've noticed that in Tools->Options->FPGA module Simulator was set to "<None>". ModelSim is not installed, and ISim doesn't work for some reason (it can be selected, but simulation still doesn't run).

I've tried to repair the NI FPGA, Xilinx Tools 10 and 14 with no result.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,722 Views)

hey thu^^

This is actually probabably caused by changing your LabVIEW Default Directory under Tools>>Options>>Paths. You can try changing it back, or if you don't have any specific settings in your LabVIEW environment that you want to keep, just rename your labview.ini file (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 201x) to labview.ini.bak and restart LabVIEW. You could also just do that as a quick test.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,705 Views)

Thanks!

I'll be sure to try it first thing in the morning 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,696 Views)

Didn't help. Other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,669 Views)

Hmm... I'm really surprised that renaming your labview.ini file, and restarting LabVIEW didn't work. 

Can you create a build specification and compile the code ok?

What if you add another target to the project (7854R) and try with a blank VI under there?

New project with both types of target?

Try those, and I'll let you know if I think of anything else in the mean-time.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,665 Views)

It compiles without problems, other targets in same project also refuse to simulate. Haven't tried making new project yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,648 Views)