From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA and LabVIEW 2012 SP1

Dear all,

I'm developing a project with LabVIEW RT, but my developing environment is completely unusable, due to continue crash of LabVIEW.

This happen during compilation or sometimes during VI editing, without a reasonable reason or condition.

Also if I open one of the example coming with LV installation (Analog Output - cRIO.lvproj)

I would like to know if some of you have similar problems with it, or if you are using LV2012 with FPGA without this annoying issue.

My machine configuration is:

LabVIEW: 2012 SP1 f4 (32bit)

RAM 8Gb

Thanks

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,461 Views)

Hi dirida,

What exactly do you mean by "crashing"? Do you get some kind of error message while the code in compiling in FPGA?
Have you tried uninstalling the whole package and installing it back again?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,445 Views)

Error code is not always the same (the last was the attached file).

I have installed the whole Labview one month ago for another problem (which has been solved). But now the situation is different, we have 3 different PCs with similar installation with the same issue. I suspect could be some company policy that generate this issue, but I need to know if there people using 2012SP1f4 and FPGA without issues. Do you have a similar configuration?

Regards,

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,435 Views)

Dear dirida,

I think that the best operation to perform will be a complete reinstallation of your development environment.

I've used LabVIEW 2012 SP1 with FPGA Module without problems.

Regards.

Cla_CUP

NI ITALY

Application Engineering Dept.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,410 Views)

Dear Cla_CUP,

we have 3 different PCs with the same issue, moreover I have completely reinstalled LabVIEW 1 month ago. I doubt that reinstalling all will solve the issue, and sincerely I do not have time to reinstall everything.

You said that you are using 2012 SP1 with FPGA, do you have updated it with the last f4 patch?

ciao

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,396 Views)

Make sure to do a rigorous RAM and Disk test on your machines.  Let the tests run over the weekend before re-installing.  Sometimes these problems are related to hardware.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,374 Views)