From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Xilinx compilation failed. Access to the path 'C:\NIFPGA\corecache\activity.log' is denied.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just rceived my cRIO.  I have installed all the necessary software and drivers and have written a VI in FPGA mode.  However, when I try to compile the code I get the follow error message (see attachment).  I have contacted NI support and they have been unable to solve this proble as of yet.

The NI engineer gave me the following advise:

1. Launch the Registry Editor by selecting Start » Run and then entering regedit in the Run window.  
2. Press the Enter button to open the editor. 
3. Find the following registry key in the path below:  
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\LabVIEW\11.0\AddOns\FPGA\CompilerPath_Xilinx12_4 
* the Wow6432Node may not be correct in all cases. on my PC, you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE|National Instruments\LabVIEW\11.0\AddOns\FPGA\CompilerPath_Xilinx12_4 
4. Under the Data Tab, you should see the path that your CompilerPath_Xilinx12_4 is linked to. Please confirm that it is linked to C:\NIFGPA\programs\Xilinx12_4 
If you have Xilinx 11.5 installed, make sure it also is linked to the proper path. 
5. If you have previous versions of LabVIEW installed, you will have to go to those versions as well. For Example if you have LabVIEW 2010 installed, please go to 10.0\AddOns\FPGA 
Make sure that the CompilerPath_Xilinx12_4 or CompilerPath_Xilinx11_5 or CompilerPath_Xilinx10_1 are all correctly placed under the C drive as well as seen above in step 4. 
6) Make sure that the "Working Directory" under LabVIEW 11.0 has the correct path of C:\NIFPGA\ 
7) After this, close otu the Registry Editor and navigate to where the FPGA Compile Worker is located. By default it should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\FPGA\CompileWorker 
😎 In here open the "WorkerRootDirectory.txt" document and change the path. Make sure that it points to the C Drive. 
9) Save and close the file. Restart your computer.

All of this was already correct and still cannot compile.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,001 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rich24

Usually, an "Access to the path ... is denied." error stems from user permissions.

What Operating System are you using?

Are you using this tool from an administrative account?

Is there a custom security policy on your workstation that dictates user rights and permissions?

Is it possible to run LabVIEW as an administrator?  (ex. in Windows 7, you would right-click on LabVIEW.exe and select "run as administrator.")

Best regards,

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,965 Views)

Hello mudson,

Thanks for your response.  This sounds like the problem.  I am running Windows Server 2008 R2.  I am unfamiliar with this OS, however, I assume that because it is a server edition of Windows that it has security policies which dictates user rights and permissions.

I tried your suggestion of running LabVIEW "as an administrator" which worked.  Thanks so much for this simple fix!

Best,

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,960 Views)

Before any more complicated actions, it seems it is a good idea to check if the file is set to read-only.

Regards,

Zoltan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,361 Views)