LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Transfer Function Block

Hi,

After many searches, both on Google and here, i can't seem to find information about FPGA blocks. I'm interested in the 'Discrete Transfer Function Direct' block.

The documentation isn't very clear about how exactly the TF is represented and if you need the conversoin VI (Floating point to FXP).

My exaclt question is about the constant called 'Order'.

The TF I need to implement is of the form (s+a)/(s+b).

From what i understood, a and b will be the first array elements in the numerator and denominator arrays. The next array element will be the coeffecients of s^1.

Will the value of 'Order' be 1 or 2?

-Eldrich

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,839 Views)

I'm still at a loss to understand how the transfer function block works on the FPGA.

I'm now Trying to implement a series controller and i've used two trasnfer function blocks in series.

The problem is that the output has to be limited. Apparently, the  gain is so large that even for an input close to 0, the output saturates!

Any help at all will be appreciated.

-Eldrich

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,796 Views)

Hello, friend. Have finish your program using Discrete Transfer Function Direct VI? I'm working on a project that need this VI also, but I can't figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,532 Views)

Hi, 

Have you found a solution to this saturation problem? I'm also having a hard time figuring this out

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,825 Views)