cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Signal acquisition with time vector

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

I am working on a FPGA project to control an electronic power converter.

I have one question regarding data acquisition. I can correctly read voltage signals and send them to the host, so I can plot them in a graphic. This FPGA host communication is made through FIFO.

The problem is that, when I send this signal to the graphic, x axis is not showing time vector of the signal but ticks. I mean, instead of showing any time unit, it shows integer numbers. How can I make to show associated time to the specific data point?

Thank you and best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author igbaquedano

Hi igbaquedano,

@igbaquedano wrote:

when I send this signal to the graphic, x axis is not showing time vector of the signal but ticks. I mean, instead of showing any time unit, it shows integer numbers. How can I make to show associated time to the specific data point?

Just apply some scaling to the X scale values, either in the properties dialog of the graph or by using property nodes…

(The scaling should be based on your sample rate in the FPGA.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(1,352 Views)
Solution

Assuming you are sampling at a set rate, all you really need is the time the acquisition started.  You could use the time you told the FPGA to start.  And then it is simple to build that into a waveform.  Your graph will then apply the time based on T0 (start time) and dt (sample rate in seconds).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(1,348 Views)
Solution

Hoi  igbaquedano,

As I know, you cannot send waveform data from your FPGA. You can make waveform data on your host computer. Use your sampling rate data to calculate dt (dt=1/F) for your waveform data. You can see how to make it on example NI 9232 Getting Started.lvproj.

Reza

Application Engineer

https://haliatech.com/

Message 4 of 4
(1,294 Views)