From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FPGA] - NI 9401 - Digital Input Read Issues?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having some issues with the NI 9401 Digital Input, which is having a consistant reading. I have a photogate that is powered off a digital output and is fed back into the module at a digital input, however I am unable to read the input multiple times. My LED blinks once and will never blink again until I restart my CRIO or recompile. I have initiated the input and output ports, turned them on, and loop continously for a reading. Any idea what is going on?

photo.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,129 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AllanIL

Hi Allan,

why do you "turn on" an input channel?

Writing a value to a DIO pin is usually done for outputs!

What is connected to your DIO pin 5? Did you check the input with a DMM measurement?

How long are the pulses measured with this input? Do you really think you can see short pulses by blinking an LED indicator?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,103 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I my photogate input is attached to DIO pin 5 and my DIO input for my photogate is at DIO 0. The input for the DMM measurement has not been checked yet neither with the pulse widths, however I had it working before by setting the input on as the LED should hold HIGH when something is blocking the photogate. I am unsure of what is exactly going on here and will try to measure the pulses, but I am unsure if I will be able to do. This would only be possible if I can get the equipment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,097 Views)