From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA: Error starting compile step: check compiler path settings

Hi I have recently upgraded from FPGA 7.1 to FPGA 8.0

I can see my device with Version 8 but when I write a simple program and compile it to the cRIO I get the following error
Error stareting compile step: Check compiler path settings in the Configure Server dialog. Make sure a compatible version of Xlinx software is installed in the Specificied location.

I have check all the folders and they are allocated correctly and I have run FixTlist.vi found on the NI help pages but I am still getting the error.

I have No Firewall on my system have anyone got any other ideas why I am getting the error message.

Phil Stephens
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,021 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on the National Instruments Discussion Forums. The issue that you have encountered is one that we are aware of and you'll be glad to hear that there are some suggested workarounds at the following knowledgebase link:

Please let us know whether this works for you.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Kurt
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,004 Views)
When you first ran FixTlist.vi can you tell me what the front panel displayed when it finished.  There are 3 boolean indicators. What did they look like?  What do they look like if you run the VI again?

Regards,
Joseph D.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,001 Views)
Hi,
Thanks for the help I have now got my systyem working I had to edit the Registry entry to get it to work,

Regards

Phil Stephens
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,986 Views)

I wrote the FixTlist.vi to try and help people from having to go into the registry manually, but there are a variety of issues.  Can you tell me what exactly you had to do to fix the problem?  It wasn't clear what the FixTlist.vi actually did for you.  The FixTlist.vi will delete a malice registry if it exists.  It will also check to see if the other registry (the counter in perflib) exists and if Tlist returns a list of processes.  I suppose that when you first ran this VI it displayed something, but it wasn't clear that it actually didn't work is that correct?  I would like to improve the VI to let people know if they need to manually edit the registry and if so how.

Thank you for helping the community.

Regards,

Joseph D.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,980 Views)
HI Joseph,

I run the FixTlist program and the Tilst Returned stayed red, when I examined the registry  I found that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009 had no settings in it so I replaced it with the rio.reg settings as attached see Counter  and Help txt  for key info.

This works with out problems

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,975 Views)